Sunday, June 7, 2009

Girl's Weekend
















I was lucky to go to Washington, D.C. to visit my sister Carrie the end of April.  I left on Thursday afternoon and got home Monday afternoon.  Jason was great and took care of the kids while I was gone.  I got there late Thursday night and we went and got something to eat because I was starving.  On Friday we were up and out of the house by 9am and on our way to the gym.  We had a great workout and then we left and did a little shopping, I got a couple of cute things.  Then we went to Carrie's work to see where she spends most of her life.  She has such a fun enviroment.  I forgot the camera, Sorry!!  But everything is all purple and orange and there are palm tree leafs everywhere, super fun place to work.  Then we went next door and got manicures and pedicures, so nice!!!  And then more shopping,  dinner and a movie.  We saw the new Mattew McCongahy(don't know how to spell his last name.) "The Ghost of Girlfriends Past" cute movie.   On Saturday I had a hard time getting up at a decent time, it was 10am by the time I woke up.  Carrie was awesome and let me sleep in.  We got up and it was raining again, so we decided to the Eastern Market to shop and get lunch.  Then we headed on over to get massages, which I absolutely loved, Carrie not so much.  She had a guy that was really tough on her.  Then we went and did some more shopping and had dinner at Cheesecake Factory!!! YUMMY!!!  We rented some movies because we were to tired to do anything else.  Sunday of course I slept in, I had a hard time adjusting to the time change.  We got up and hung around the house and then met up with Jason's uncle Cliff and his family for lunch.  They don't live to far away so I called them and he was nice enough to meet up and have lunch.  We had a really yummy lunch and great conversation.  It was so nice to see him and his family.  Then we went and did some sightseeing (White house, WWII memorial, Abraham Lincoln memorial, reflection pool).  It was nice except it rained the whole time, but we had a great time.  then I got up Monday Morning for my flight home.  I had such a great time hanging out with my awesome sister.  I totally needed.  But of course when I got home my kids were really excited to see me.  And the first thing Paige says is "I don't like Daddy!" But that was because Jason just put her in timeout. But it was really cute!

0 comments: