Sunday, January 30, 2011

Fondant


As most of you know I love watching cake decorating shows, I could watch them all day. I have always wanted to try fondant on my cakes, so I went to Joann's and bought some. Then it just sat on my desk for about 3 months until New Year's Day I decided I am just going to try it. I was a little nervous but thought what the heck. I found a new cake recipe online called "Heavenly White Almond Cake", it sounded good. So I made the cakes and then let them cool in the freezer for a couple of hours. I made some homemade buttercream frosting and started stacking the cakes. Then I got the fondant out and had some fun, the kids wanted a red cake for Christmas even though Christmas was over. It was actually quite fun, I had a fun time kneading it and getting it all ready for the cake. Then it was time to put it on, I thought hear goes nothing. It turned out pretty good I think, I had just one spot where it tore but not too bad for my first time. I am sorry if this boring to all of you but I was proud of myself. I am sorry I don't have a picture of the inside, we took it to Jennifer's house that night and I forgot to get a picture. But everyone said it turned out good. Anyways, I won't bore you with anymore but here is a picture. Thanks for listening!

0 comments: