Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Christmas









We had a great Christmas, it was super busy for a lot of fun. It seemed like we had something going every night for 2 weeks, between Christmas parties for Karate, Dance, Tumbling, Church parties and so forth. It was all a lot of fun, but exhausting. We took the kids to see Santa which Chase and Paige loved, Maddie she wasn't sure but went with it anyway. We had Christmas Eve at Roger & Teresa's House which was fun, the kids had a blast. They loved that they had a Wii to play with them. Christmas Day Chase was the first to get up at 7:45am and he came into our room and told me that Santa had come, I asked him to go watch TV until his sister's got up. So he walked right by the living room and into the Family Room to watch TV. I couldn't believe it. Paige and Maddie got up about 8:30am and Chase was so cute he runs up to Paige and says "Santa came". The kids went right to their stockings and Chase noticed that Mommy's didn't have anything in it, he was felt a little sad about that, so then he says "Mommy you can open the first present!" So sweet right. The kids loved what they got and had a blast opening up all their presents. Chase and Paige were cute with Maddie, they helped her open her present, she didn't really have a clue as to what was going on. But it was fun. Later that day we went to my parents house and had Christmas with my family. We had a yummy dinner and played the Slaughter's XBox for a little while.

That night as the kids were getting ready for bed, Chase went in the living room to hang up my stocking on the mantel. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "Santa never forgets about anybody, the elves will tell them he forgot to put something in your stocking so he will come back tonight!" I was a little in shock but I thought how thoughtful of Chase.
So the next morning Chase got up and the first thing he did was go check my stocking. He came running up to me and said "Mom Santa came back for you, look what's in your stocking, I told you he wouldn't forget about you." I just laughed and said "That's right, Santa never forgets."
It is amazing on how smart Chase and Paige are, they are always there to make sure everything is right in our family and we are truly blessed to have all 3 of our kids.

0 comments: