Friday, October 9, 2009

Bird in our Chimney


Last Friday I kept hearing these noises in our chimney. I thought for a moment "I wonder if there is a raccoon in our chimney". Well I forgot to ask Jason about before he left for Elk hunting, so I wake up Saturday morning and there is all this dust all over the fireplace. I knew after that, that there was something definitely up in our chimney. So I tried to get a hold of Jason which was kind of impossible and when I finally did, he didn't believe me and just said "Well start a fire and that will push whatever is in there out." I didn't really buy it so I started asking other people and they said that was the last thing you should do. Anyways, to make a long story short I had Chris go up on the roof and look down the chimney to see if he could see anything and he said there was nothing there. So my neighbor came over with some netting and bungee it on so that whatever was in there could not get back in. Anyways, Jason finally looked at it the other night and found there was a dead bird. So he got his fishing pole and him and Chase fished it out of the chimney. The kids were so excited that Daddy got to go fishing in the chimney. He was able to get the bird out and I of course needed to take a picture so I could blog about it. Thank goodness we have all this fishing stuff, it sure comes in handy when we need to get things around the house.

1 comments:

Jenn and Chris Rasmussen said...

I say better a bird than a raccoon.