Saturday, April 4, 2009

Chase's 5th Birthday





















I can't believe my little boy is 5! We had a construction party for him today, which turned out great! I had made a tractor cake for him which if I don't say so myself turned out pretty good. He absolutely loved it, which made me feel really good. We had a bunch of his friends and family over for some lunch and cake. I had set up an obstacle course for the kids to do, and then we got a dump truck pinata for the kids as well. Chase got a bunch of great gifts from everyone, and totally loved his party. I asked him where he wanted to go for his birthday dinner and he said "I just want to stay hom." I think he is pretty tired from all the excitment. He was waiting for this day for so long and all morning he kept saying that he was worried that none of his friends were coming. I don't know why he was so concerned but he was. Everything turned out cute. I got some hard hats for the kids and put their names on all of them, some construction aprons from Lowes for each of them as well, and buckets for them to put there candy in from the pinata.






2 comments:

Jenn and Chris Rasmussen said...

You did a really great job yesterday. I am totally impressed with it. What a great mom you are.

Carrie (a.k.a. Fullykins) said...

That is an incredible cake!!! Your are very talented...what next? ALso the theme was very funny...excellent job...mommy mel.