Maddie 18 Days old.
Maddie 3 weeks old. Jason & I before we left the hospital.
Maddie a couple hours old. My awesome midwife (Teresa), she totally rocked!
Me trying to get through a horrible contraction!!
My original due date was March 2nd, and that came and went. I was doing everything I could to get this little girl out of me. We spent the weekend of February 20th cleaning floors, literally on my hands and knees the whole weekend trying to get our floor spotless. And that did nothing for me, not a single contraction. So, we thought well she will come eventually then the following Friday came and I had my appointment and the midwife said I would for sure have her this weekend the 27th because I was dialated to 3cm and 100% effaced. So we went to Costco Friday night and I walked for over an hour and had some pretty good contractions. Saturday we went to the mall and walked for 2 hours, still really good contractions but nothing to put me in labor. Sunday we walked the canal road with the kids, good contractions but no labor. A little frustrating but we figured she would come when she was ready. By Monday I gave up, Jason really needed to work the first part of the week to get this big job going so I gave up on walking. I went to my appt. on March 3rd and she said I was dialated to 4cm and 100% effaced and was surprised that I had not gone in labor. Then came Thursday and I was determined to get her out. Jason had gotten what he needed done for the week and was ready whenever it would happen. Not that, that really matters but I know Jason and i needed him to have his mind clear and not stressed when I was in labor. Anyways, so Thursday after I picked up the kids from school we went to the mall to go walking. The kids really hated walking by now because we made them do it so much. So every lap around the mall the kids got to do something, like ride one of the rides, get candy, make a stuff animal for the baby, get lunch and so forth. So it wasn't completely boring for them. I walked for 2 hours and had really good contractions. But still nothing. So that night we went to dinner with the kids at Johnny Carino's and did a little grocery shopping. And while at dinner and the store I had some really good contractions every 6 minutes. But I didn't get my hopes up just yet. Because everytime I would get contractions when walking, as soon as I stopped walking they went away. Very frustrating. Anyways, that night I put the kids to bed and Chase asked me if Papa was coming over tonight to watch them and I said no I don't think Mommy is going to have the baby until tomorrow. Which I thought was a little weird, like he knew something that I didn't. Anyways, I was scheduled to be induced on Friday. Well I woke up Thursday night at 1:11am with really bad back pain. So I got out of bed, told Jason what was going on and he rolled over and went back to bed. So I got up and went on the computer to take my mind off the pain. Well the contractions kept getting stronger but not exactly 3-5 minutes apart. So I called my Mom to let her know that something might happen tonight, she said to call the hospital. So I called and they said not to come in until they are 3-5 minutes apart and I couldn't talk during them. Well I definitely could not talk during them but they were so sporatic that I thought for sure it wasn't time. Finally I woke Jason up at 2am and said he needed to get up, because it wasn't fair he was in there sleeping on comfortable. Anyways, I was dying, I really wanted an epidural for how bad they hurt. By 3am I could not take it anymore and thought we should go to the hospital, I called my parents and Tabitha and said it was time to go to the hospital. We arrived at the hospital at 3:45am and my midwife was there waiting for us. We got checked in and I was literally dying, it hurt so bad. Once situated my midwife checked me and said "Guess what number?" I said "6" and she said "Yup you are a 6". I thought hallejuah, so Jason and Tabitha were getting the bath ready to try and help me relax and my midwife said, I don't think you are going to have time for a bath. She was right, the contractions were right on top of each other, but the time one would stop, another would come, I could not get a break. Then she checked me again before she broke my water and I was an 8. I was so relieved, so she broke my water and oh man did the pain come. It was so much more intense then I have ever felt before. And my midwife said I wouldn't be surprised it she came in the next 10-15 minutes later. She was right the next thing I knew it was time to push. Jason stood on one side holding my hand and leg and my mom and sister on the other side. At this point I could care less who saw anything anymore, I just wanted her out. I pushed for about 10 minutes, and when they said there is a ring of fire, oh boy did I feel that, it seriously was the worst pain I had ever felt. I totally just wanted to give up, I could not take the pain anymore. And I only hit Jason once, you should be proud of me, he deserved it. I was holding his hand at the very end and I rolled over and put my head on his hand and he tried moving my head, so I hit him. I thought don't touch me just let me get through this! When I pushed her head out they told me stop, which I thought "Are you freakin' kidding me?", but later I found out was because the cord was wrapped around her neck. After she was out I thought thank goodness I definitely could not take anymore pain. But then I had to push out the placenta which totally sucked. But they gave me some pain killers to help with the pain. Everyone could not believe how much hair she had and how dark it was. They took her over and cleaned her up, weight her and I could not believe that she was 9lbs 5oz, and 21" long. No wonder I was huge. Jason measured me a week before and I was exactly 4' around and I stuck out 8". I was ginormous!!!! But she was beautiful and healthy!!!! I was really happy that it was over and that I could share this experience with Jason, my Mom, and Tabitha. I couldn't have done it without them. After she was born we called and texted everyone to let them know she was here. Jennifer came right over to the hospital to see her. Then they moved me to my room and I got to hold her on the way over. She was a little fussy so I just started talking to her and she calmed right down, it was like she knew me already, it was really great.
1 comments:
That is a really great story. So glad she is here.
Post a Comment